February 26, 2010

Firsts

First time I've ever had a photograph published in a magazine with Andy Garcia on the cover. So I've got that going for me. Celebrated Living is an airline magazine published by American Airlines for its "premium class passengers." So now we know what they're doing up there when the flight attendants pull the curtain — stretching out in leatherette seats and getting golf tips from actors in yellow slacks.

So, the magazine pretty much celebrates living. Which is good, because if you're not living there's probably a lot less to celebrate. Plus, it's gotta be harder to read magazines. Which makes you realize just how savvy American Airlines was to target the living with this one. Props AA.

Regardless of what you think of their demographic focus on the non-dead, one thing is certain: I've never seen so many ads for watches in my life.

On that note, I'll let Andy take it away...

 
This is my image on the top. It was their "Sporting Life" issue and my photo ran in a story called "Global Rut Busters." While my heart doesn't exactly bleed for rich people in "ruts," I do think the world would be a better place if people rode bicycles more, so I'm glad they were able to use my image. Maybe it'll help inspire someone to get out there and ride the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (which is where the photo was taken).

Incidentally, this isn't the most random publication to use my pictures. That honor falls upon Indonesia's Jakarta Post. I'm big in Indonesia... 


No comments:

Post a Comment